- Raise money for projects and administration, from donations and sponsorships.
- Manage staff and volunteers, by recruiting people, supervising them, and rewarding good work.
- Promote the program to downtown interests and the public.
- Manage finances, by developing good accounting procedures.
The Organization Committee pursues these goals by:
- Holding meetings, to identify community resources, develop strategies, and brainstorm ideas.
- Visiting business people, to solicit their support and update them on the program's plans.
- Speaking with the media, to answer questions, give them fresh news, and/or gather data.
- Coordinating groups, to help launch fund-raising campaigns and volunteer recruitment.
- Meeting with board members to oversee development of financial budgeting and tracking systems.
Accomplishments for 2013
- Nominated 10 local organizations/façade restorations for State Awards
- Published 2013-2014 Perry Planner
- Met with state legislators at Main Street Day at the Capitol
- Hosted the annual Main Street Golf Tournament
- Fund Drive
- Annual Agreements
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Hosted the 17th annual “Stars of Main Street” Awards and Concert Banquet in the park