- Understand the changing market, both potential shoppers and the (competition.)
- Identify downtown assets, including people, buildings, heritage, and institutions.
- Define Main Street's market niche (its unique position) in the marketplace.
- Create new image campaigns, retail promotions, and special events to lure people back downtown.
The Promotion Committee pursues these goals by:
- Holding meetings, to analyze data, develop strategies, brainstorm ideas, and plan events.
- Visiting merchants, to get their ideas, solicit participation in events, and update them on plans.
- Speaking with the media, to answer questions, give them fresh news, or negotiate advertising.
- Coordinating groups, to participate, attend, sponsor, or be a partner for promotional activities.
- Organizing projects, by scheduling participants, vendors, contractors, and services.
- Runing events, by setting up equipment, staff booths, and supervising volunteers.
Accomplishments for 2013
- Winter Super Sale
- Hosted Cash Mob of a downtown business
- Volunteered in Main Street booth at Oklahoma State Fair
- Hosted a booth at the TravelOK Roadshow
- Organized summer Crazy Days promotion
- Christmas Open Houses for participating businesses
- Christmas Crazy Days promotion
- Hosted the annual Christmas Parade
- Christmas for Kids promotion